CNC Grinding Machinists
Fullerton Tool Company is looking for a candidate to fill the CNC Grinding Machinist position, in which they would be responsible for operating and setup CNC or Precision Grinding machines. Manufacture cutting tools according to specifications and prints, using a variety of tools, gauges, and fixtures to ensure the highest quality for the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a neat, clean (5S), and safe work area complying with established job safety practices as well as company policies and procedures.
- Select an appropriate job from the daily work list (GUI list) and prioritize based on machine capacity.
- Determine the type of grinding to be performed and prepare the machine for the job, ensuring the proper wheel is selected and is dressed or formed; prepare other necessary tooling for the job.
- Utilize the Bar Code Scan to clock in jobs using the correct machine and understand how to manage multiple jobs in Global Shop.
- Clean critical areas of the machine prior to set-up and then add all appropriate tooling for the job.
- Program the machine according to specifications to ensure the highest quality possible while optimizing efficiency; grind and adjust tools ensuring correct speeds and feed rates while maintaining precision tolerances.
- Inspect completed tools according to company work instructions and report non-conforming products as required.
- Perform general maintenance and assist with troubleshooting all machines in the area.
- Follow standard procedures and work instructions, paying special attention to the handling of sharp-edge cutting tools.
- Learn new skills and cross-train in other departments.
- Provide training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to use and understand measuring and inspection equipment.
- Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and written.
- Strong attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task by running multiple machines at a time.
- Dedicated to being at work and on time (attendance).
- Works as a team player, cooperative, and adaptable to changes; builds positive relationships.
CNC and manual grinders, digital comparator, computerized camera gages, microscope, and various measuring tools including calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, scales, and snap micrometers.
Working with extremely sharp cutting tools. Exposure to noise, grinding oil/coolant and moving mechanical parts. Long periods of working on your feet.
Requires lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 30 lbs. Frequent walking, reaching, handling, grasping, using hands to handle or feel, and turning/twisting. Occasionally required to stoop, bend, or sit. Also requires close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply now by clicking the button above or by visiting https://fullertontool.com/about/careers.